Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ortiz tried to hire Belfort for his trainer to face Lyoto

Source Tatame.com
By Guilherme Cruz


Carlson Gracie’s black belt, Vitor Belfort, that is training at Minotauro team and at Nova Geração, bet at Lyoto Machida, his ex-train mate, in his next bout at UFC 84 in May, against Tito Ortiz. “Lyoto has the skills to win, but is a tough fight. Two famous athletes, but I believe that Lyoto has more chances, he is at fight rhythm and Tito is star”, tell Belfort that reveal that Toto Ortiz tried to hire him to help at train to the fight.

“Tito wanted to hire me with a lot of money, but I said no. I said that money can’t buy everything. I respect Lyoto a lot, we trained together and he is Brazilian. I thank and said that maybe in another opportunity, but not now. Lyoto is Brazilian and that is his time”, said the ex-UFC champion, that commented about the Brazilians that went abroad to train.

I am very satisfied here at , with my coaches, my family, everything is nice here. I think people kid yourselves with going to . Each one has to look for their goals and by happy. I think this is nice because its shows that the sport is growing, increasing the value of the athlete”, said Belfort , that now is a presenter at a the Brazilian cable TV Premiere Combate, exclusive about fights.

No comments: