Monday, February 18, 2008

The future of Mirko





On the UFC

Fighting in the cage just didn't feel good. The real problem was in me, not in the UFC or the cage. That wasn't who I am and I will return one day to fight in the cage. I owe this to all of my fans and especially my UK fans.

On Dana White

I can perfectly understand a decreased interest in me after my bad performances. It's just business and you can't blame the UFC or Mr. White for putting me aside. I can only say that Mr. White acted very professional and I had no problem in getting released from my UFC contract. I also hope that we'll always respect each other and perhaps work together in the future.

On Dream and the contract

My dream has come true, I'll fight in Japan again. I've signed a three fight contract with a possibility of extension.
It's where I had some memorable moments, where I feel at home. DREAM is a new organization with a good management and huge potential. Japan is a big market and these guys know how to bring something to a high level. I'll do my best to help them on that way.

On title fights

Yes, there were some talk of me being involved in a first DREAM heavyweight title fight. I'm welcoming this opportunity and I'm willing to fight anyone they put me against. I feel reborn and I'll be on a quest for the most anticipated titles in the world.

On possible Cro Cop vs Fedor II

The moment our first fight finished I wanted to fight him again. He's a brilliant fighter and it would be a honor to fight him again. This fight is really a nice thought, but I'll take one step at a time and we'll see what happens.

On problems and defeats

The losses came from a lack of motivation. I was really empty, I had no fire left in me. It's something that is probably the worst scenario for a professional fighter. What was left for me was to give a serious thought about if I had anything left in me. Now I feel different, but you just can't bring the time back. Hopefully I'll have my chance to fight against these fighters again.

No comments: