Thursday, February 28, 2008

Paulão ready for Sonnen and Marshall


Credit Tatame.com





After defeating Chael Sonnen at WEC 31, when did his first belt defence at 93kg category, the Judo and Jiu-Jitsu black belt Paulão Filho has a fight settled down to next March 26th against the same Sonnen, because, besides the victory, the difficulty imposed by the American made the promoters arrange a revenge. “I have two more fights and accepted this revenge, that I believe it’s an absurd, because the line needs to move, but they think Sonnen almost won me so I’ll fight”, said Paulão, that after this fight will face the American fighter Doug Marshall, that owns WEC’s belt at 93kg category.

“Too many people don’t know, but I have six fights at 83kg and ten at 93kg category, and we arranged that after this fight I’ll go there and face Doug Marshall for WEC’s belt. When I lose too much weight I hurt my health, like at last fight, when I needed to do eight hours of sauna. The first four were great, but after that I needed two hours to lose 400g”, said Paulão, that used his experience on difficulties on losing weight to comment the possibility that Wanderlei Silva come down to 83kg category.

“I believe he’ll feel. First, he needs to do a test, lose weight and do an experience. He needs to see if it’ll be good for him, because he’ll lose too mush physical strength and Wanderlei isn’t a technical guy and will lose, coming down weight, 50% of explosion and aggressiveness. If he fights at 83kg like he always does, he won’t finish the fight”, said Paulão.

No comments: